Monday, October 12, 2009

First Experience in the Abyss

Moni here with a log update;

I finally got to 25 and entered the abyss for the first time last night. The experience wasn't as smooth as I had hoped it to be.

After gathering orders, I went out a bit to explore the bordering islands near Reshanta. I met up with a legion-mate to train with.

As we began dueling with the local undead, an alert came over that Asmodian soldiers were on their way towards Reshanta.

We decided to join a group in an alliance on their way to meet them. We flew out further than I had originally planned into unfamiliar territory and I met a sight I did not really want to see.

Ghosts. I hate ghosts, they're not like normal beasts or monsters. They come from out of nowhere and I never seem to be able to keep my eye on them.

All while trying to help track down the Asmodians, I was constantly ambushed by these demons. It wore down my stamina and by the time we had found them I was unable to keep my health in order. What's worse is that I didn't even die by an Asmodian sword, I was felled by a golem.

One of my fellow alliance members was not very happy with me and was very vocal about it and it is true that I let down my comrades, but I have to admit I was not ready for the harsh environment that is the Abyss. It is very apparent to me that I need to upgrade my load-out and I need to train more before I go back. The Abyss is nothing like how it is on land and I should've heeded the trainer's warning more closely before I decided to venture out.

My armor right now is currently all leather. This did me very little good at this point in my progress as I was unable to avoid any lethal blows that were dealt to me. I'm going to need to reequip myself with chain and socket defense manastones. I also need to put away my staff and stick with a shield and mace until I become stronger. Managing heals on not only myself but allies as well is not an easy task when the confusion of battle ensues and I think the best tactic in this situation is damage prevention instead of damage repair.

I'm going to be taking a few days off while I take care of some things IRL. Hopefully after I rethink my battle strategy the next time I meet the Asmodians on the battle field that it will go a lot better for me and my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they will become visible to anonymous and registered users.